About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Peachy-Keen Shortbread

I went up the mountain yesterday to get some apples.....and peaches! I love a nice, sweet, juicy peach! That's the problem with this recipe.....as I'm slicing the peaches for it, I'm eating them! That's ok....peaches are good for you!  This is a great little dessert. The P+ is a tad high, but so worth it.

PEACHY-KEEN SHORTBREAD
Makes 12 Servings
1 Serving = 5 PointsPlus®


1 cup Splenda granulated
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
1 cup light butter, slightly softened
¼ cup fat-free egg substitute
2 peaches, peeled and thinly sliced


Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray an 11 x 8” baking dish.

In a large bowl, whisk together the Splenda, flour,baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.

Cut the butter into little chunks and combine it with the flour until the mixture looks close to little peas.

Add the egg substitute using a spatula to combine it with the flour mixture.


Press ¾ of this mixture into the bottom of the baking dish and put it in the refrigerator while you peel and slice the peaches.


Layer the peach slices on top of the crust and sprinkle the remaining flour mixture on top of the peaches.


Bake for 30 – 35 minutes.

Let cool on a wire rack completely before cutting; store in the refrigerator.


MY SPIN: I would definitely do a double layer of peaches the next time I make this. It has a nice peach flavor, but I'm all about FLAVOR!!! Also, I used a teaspoon of cinnamon and then also sprinkled some cinnamon on top of the peaches. This can be served 'as is' or with a dollop of fat-free whipped topping or a good vanilla ice cream.....but if you use ice cream, you'll have to figure up the P+ for it.

I ate mine 'as is'.....but the next piece will be with some fat-free whipped topping!
Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!!   *** The PointsPlus® value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

 
Later!
Loving life!
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment