About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Cast Iron Skillet Apple Pie

I have tons of apples I have to use....and I really want to make something pumpkin! So many people have sent this original recipe to me that I figured that was a big enough hint!  Really good recipe. If you use a store-bought pie rust, it's super-duper easy. I just couldn't even think about making a crust from scratch today.....or probably any other day! And, as usually happens because I forget that I have this little gadget to make the first piece of pie come out 'pretty', mine fell apart. Didn't matter tho.....tasted awesome!!!

CAST IRON SKILLET APPLE PIE
Makes A Lot
No, I didn't figure up the P+ on this**


1 stick plus 1 TBSP light butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Splenda Granulated
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
4 cups of apples, cored/peeled/chopped into small pieces
1 box refrigerator pie crust (or homemade)



Preheat oven to 350°.

In a large cast iron skillet,melt the stick of light butter and the brown sugar. DO NOT caramelize, just melt the two together. Cover with the pie crust.



Oops.....a tad fuzzy

Add apples, 3/4 cup Splenda, cinnamon and nutmeg.

Forgot to take pic before putting the top crust on. Ugh.


Cover with the top crust that has had slits or shapes cut out of it. Sprinkle top with the remaining ¼ cup of Splenda, the 1 TBSP of light butter and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.



Bake for 30 – 45 minutes or until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.


MY SPIN: I didn't figure up the P+ on this because of the crust.....it would depend on what brand you buy or if you make your own. Also, I didn't measure any of the cinnamon or nutmeg......I just sprinkled it!! I also used only 1/2 cup of the Slenda in with the apples. This was really good 'as is', but I think it will be better with some fat-free whipped topping or a really good vanilla bean ice cream.



Enjoy!

Was good!!!

Loving Life!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment