About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

WW Friendly Thanksgiving Feast 2012

 
 
I don't know about you, but I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! Where has this year gone? We just got over that Candy Monster 'holiday' aka Halloween.....and now we have the first of the BIG food holidays. Did you know you CAN have a wonderful Thanksgiving Feast and still stay 'on Plan'? If not and you're worried about over-doing it, I hope I can come to your rescue. The following is a list of some of the delicious foods we can enjoy and not have to worry about going over our PointsPlus™. In fact, it's very possible to enjoy a feast for dinner AND have your other necessary meals and still stay within 26 PointsPlus™ IF you're careful. You wouldn't have to touch those 49 "play points" and you wouldn't have to stress!
 
 
I'm going to give you a 'list' of things I would consider incorporating into my feast.  The recipes are on here (Tweaked at Chez Jan).  Then I'll  give you a sample menu (what I would/will make). Ya ready? Here we go!
 
Fresh Fruit Salad 0 P+
Cream of Mushroom Soup 1 P+ (1/2 cup)
 
Reduced fat crescent rolls 3P+ each (I use WalMart brand because I'm cheap!)
Candied Sweet Potatoes 5P+ (1 cup OR 3P+ for 1/2 cup)
Save-The-Day Stuffing 2P+ (1 cup)
Herbed Roast Turkey 2P+ (2 oz.)
Vegetable (non-starchy, steamed) 0P+
Green Bean Casserole 4P+ (1/2 cup)
Spiced Cranberry Sauce 0P+ (1/2 cup)
 
Wayne's Pumpkin Smash 1P+ (served with fat-free whipped topping)
Pumpkin Pie Cuppies 1P+ (served with fat-free whipped topping)
Pumpkin Bundt Cake 3P+ (made with raisins)
Cranberry Torte 5P+ (made with nuts)
 
Here's what my feast would look like:
 
1P+ Cream of Mushroom Soup (1/2 cup)
3P+ Candied Sweet Potatoes (1/2 cup)
4P+ Herbed Roast Turkey (4 oz.)
1P+ Save-The-Day Stuffing (1/2 cup)
0P+ Spiced Cranberry Sauce (1/2 cup)
8P+ Green Bean Casserole (1 cup)
1P+ Wayne's Pumpkin Smash
 
18P+ for my feast. And, yes......this is a feast! I'm going to splurge on the Green Bean Casserole! It's one of my favorite holiday foods and I haven't had it in ages! If I had this for my Thanksgiving Feast, I'd still have 8P+ left for the day. So it IS doable!
 
The only recipe that is NOT on my blog is the Green Bean Casserole.....and here's how I make it: 2 cans (drained) French cut green beans, 1 can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, @1/2 of a 6 oz. package of French's french fried onions; mix beans and soup in a casserole dish; sprinkle onions on top; bake at 350º for @30 minutes.
 
There ya go! Now you can quit stressing, enjoy your feast, and then go for a brisk walk afterwards!
 
I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment