About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Cream (Pie)

Ohhhh......this is one of *those* recipes that you're either going to love me or hate me for sharing with you. It IS decadent!! Even after tweaking it, it's a tad high in PointsPlus™.......but so worth it!  Thinking a dollop of fat-free whipped topping on a piece of the pie would be wonderful!!

PEANUT BUTTER CREAM (PIE)
Makes a lot!
I'll talk about the PointsPlus™ in MY SPIN


1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Better'n Peanut Butter Low Sodium
1 (8 oz) package Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 oz) container fat-free whipped topping


In a large mixing bowl (it's easier if you have a stand mixer), mix the powdered sugar, peanut butter and cream cheese on low until well combined. Add the condensed milk and beat on medium until well combined and creamy.

Gently fold in the whipped topping until combined.

You can divide this between 2 crusts..........or 1 crust and some ramekins......or some ramekins or parfait dishes........

Chill in the freezer for @6 hours before serving.

Chillin'
MY SPIN: Oh boy! The PointsPlus™ value on this was kind of hard to figure. The entire recipe (without pie crusts) comes to 72. I made 1 pie, 1 parfait dish and 4 ramekins of this. This is so 'rich' and decadent that the parfait dish and ramekins are actually too much for me to eat at one sitting. That being said, I'm GUESSTIMATING a piece of pie (cutting it into 8 slices) is 5 PointsPlus™ and each of the others being 4 PointsPlus™ each (if you eat the entire ramekin/parfait dish at one sitting). This is one of those recipes that I just HAD to make it.....it sounded just that good after I tweaked it. Please note: If you use any other kind of peanut butter you'll have to adjust the PointsPlus™ for whatever you use.
 
This is a 7 oz. ramekin.....I couldn't eat the whole thing!
Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment