About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Chocolate Overload Cheesecake Pie

OMChocolate Goodness!!! If you love chocolate, you are going to LOVE this.....and probably hate me! This is so NOT WW friendly. But sometimes you just need to throw caution to the wind or chocolate in your mouth!! I chose to do both with this recipe! I truly hate to think what the P+ would be if I didn't tweak this!  Make this! I'm serious! If you love chocolate and aren't a 'baker'.....this is for you.

CHOCOLATE OVERLOAD CHEESECAKE PIE
Makes 8 Servings = 12 PointsPlus®
OR
Makes 10 Servings = 10 PointsPlus®


1 Pkg (8 oz.) Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
¼ cup light butter, softened
1/3 cup Splenda granulated
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 ½ cup Special Dark chocolate chips, melted and cooled
1 container (8 oz.) fat-free whipped topping
1 reduced fat graham cracker crust


In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, light butter, Splenda granulated and vanilla until smooth.


Beat in the cooled chocolate.



Fold in the whipped topping.


Spoon into crust and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.

Kind of looks like it's floating!

MY SPIN: The original recipe called for milk chocolate chips, but if you're going to have chocolate, go for the 'good stuff'! This can be served 'as is' or with a dollop of fat-free whipped topping or, if you feel like being fancy and adding more P+, some chocolate curls. Personally, I loved it 'as is'!!!


Enjoy!!!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!!   *** The PointsPlus® value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving life!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment