About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, December 19, 2014

Crock Pot Cube Steak & Gravy

This is a recipe that has been going around Facebook for a while.  The original recipe.....the 'chef' said it wasn't very pretty.....but I'd have to disagree. This is super easy to make and delicious!

CROCK POT CUBE STEAK & GRAVY

Makes @4 Servings

 
 
Cube steak (2 – 3 pounds)
2 cans (10.75 ounce size) cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
3/4 cup water


Place all the ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low @5 hours.



MY SPIN: I got this recipe from thepost-itplace.com and the directions said to cook on low all day. I cooked it for @7 hours and thought that was way too long. This can be served over/with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles. I did NOT figure up the P+ value for this because there are too many 'variables' (what kind of soup you use.....what you serve it over/with.....and how much you'd put on your plate.

Later!
Loving Life!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment