About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Blackberry Cobbler-ish

Well, once again, I overbought some yummy local fruit! I bought 3 quarts of local blackberries last evening and now I need to figure out what to do with them.  Some will be frozen to use in my Yonana.  This is the first recipe I came up with. It's not quite a cobbler but also not quite a cake/bar. So it's an 'ish'! And it's good!

BLACKBERRY COBBLER-ISH
Makes 8 Servings


1 ¼ cups Splenda (or sugar), divided
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup 2% milk
½ cup (1 stick) light butter
½ tsp cinnamon
2 cups fresh OR frozen blackberries

Thank you to my sis-in-law for leaving the milk!

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a 9 ½ or 10-inch baking dish (I used butter spray)

Mix cinnamon with ¼ cup Splenda (or sugar); set aside.


Whisk together 1 cup of Splenda (or sugar), flour and milk until just blended.
Whisk in the melted butter.


Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.

Sprinkle the blackberries and cinnamon sugar evenly over the batter.

Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.
Cool on wire rack.




MY SPIN: I'm using Splenda until my bag is done....then I'll be using strictly sugar to get rid of some of the chemicals I'm putting into my body. If you do use Splenda, I would recommend using sugar with the cinnamon because it 'melts' nicely whereas the Splenda didn't. Also, you know me....my ½ tsp of cinnamon was closer to a tsp!
 
Can be served 'as is' or......


.....with some Cool Whip
Later!
Loving Life!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment