About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, July 8, 2016

Peach Banana Choco-Chip Bread

Well, I really needed some Kitchen Therapy the past few days. I not only made this but messed around with my Essential Oils as well (NOT for ingestion tho....made a lovely linen spray). This is a pretty darn good recipe. Yummy peaches from GA.....and I almost always have bananas that are a tad too ripe to just peel and eat. And then I remembered I had some chocolate chips. I only put a little in the bread, but I wanted to put tons in! I promise this is a recipe you'll enjoy.....maybe even with a little butter 'smooshed' on it.


PEACH BANANA CHOCO-CHIP BREAD
Makes 10 Servings


1 cup Splenda granulated (or sugar)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 stick of light butter at room temperature
2 large eggs (or ½ cup egg substitute)
2 ripe bananas
2 ripe peaches (both pealed and pitted; 1 sliced)**
1 TBSP brown sugar**
1 TBSP 1% milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
¼ cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 9x5x3” loaf pan, set aside.

Don't forget to spray inside your dishwasher so you don't have to clean up the overspray!
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and Splenda (or sugar). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.


In a blender, blend the bananas and 1 peach (not the sliced one) together with a little bit of the milk. Mix in the remainder of the milk and the cinnamon.



In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.


Add the banana mixture to the butter mixture until well combined. Add the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.




In the loaf pan, lay out the sliced peaches and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Pour batter over this. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.



Set on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and invert onto a cake/loaf plate and cool completely before slicing.


The bottom of the bread


**MY SPIN: The peaches and brown sugar on the bottom were an afterthought, as well as the chocolate chips. When I turned the loaf out of the pan, some of the sliced peaches stayed in the pan so I had a little puzzle to put together before inverting onto the cake plate. But it was worth it because it gave some added flavor and moisture to the bottom of the bread. I think if I make this again, I'll put some of the batter in the pan and then put the sliced peaches and brown sugar and then the rest of the batter. And, of course, I'm never 'careful' when measuring cinnamon....more is better in my world! Whichever way you do it, it's good!


Later!
Loving Life!
Peace.
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment