About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Strawberry Clafoutis

I spent a good part of yesterday searching for new/different strawberry recipes.  When I came across this one, I thought it sounded 'impressive'. Make this and your friends will think you're a gourmet French chef! Just the name sounds complicated, but it's not.

STRAWBERRY CLAFOUTIS
(pronounced klah-foo-tee)
Makes 8 Servings
1 Serving = 2 PointsPlus™


2 cups strawberries
1/4 cup PLUS 4 TBSP Splenda granulated, divided
1 TBSP corn starch
2 tsp light butter
3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
1 1/4 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 TBSP grated orange rind
1 TBSP vanilla
pinch of salt
OPTIONAL: powdered sugar for dusting

Wash, hull and halve the strawberries; let them drain. Place in a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup Splenda. Let the berries rest at room temperature for a couple of hours.


Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9” pie dish.

Drain the strawberries. In a medium bowl, toss the strawberries with the cornstarch. Arrange the berries cut side down in the pie dish. Dot with the butter and set aside.



Whisk together the egg substitute, milk, flour, 4 TBSP Splenda, grated orange rind, vanilla and salt. Pour over the berries.



 
Bake for 1 hour or until set in the center.

Cool on a wire rack. Clafoutis will 'deflate' while cooling.


OPTIONAL: Dust with powdered sugar when serving.

MY SPIN: I think the next time I make this I'm going to try using 1 tsp lavender instead of the orange rind.

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!!   *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment