About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Blueberry Pudding

Oh yea!!! Another blueberry recipe! I can pretty much bet you've never had blueberry pudding......and neither had I, until today. I *HAD* to make this....I somehow couldn't envision blueberry pudding.....I was very skeptical. Guess what?!?!   This stuff is really good! It has just enough sweetness to go along with all those wonderful blueberries. You MUST try this!!!

BLUEBERRY PUDDING
Makes 8 Servings
1 Serving = 3 PointsPlus™
***OR***
Makes 6 Servings
1 Serving = 4 PointsPlus™


4 cups blueberries
1/2 cup Splenda granulated
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
4 TBSP light butter
3/4 cup oatmeal


Preheat oven to 350ยบ.

Place berries in a deep 2-quart casserole/baking dish. Sprinkle the Splenda and lemon juice over the berries.


In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives until 'crumbly'. Mix in the oatmeal. Spread mixture carefully over the berries.



Bake 45 – 50 minutes or until the top is nicely browned and the juice of the berries is bubbling.

 
This can be eaten warm or cold. Spoon some of the pudding into a small, single serving bowl and mix together.




 
 
 
 
Yup.....it was that good!
 
Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!!   *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life!
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment