About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken Part 2

A while ago.....and if you search on here you'll find it....I did a whole chicken in the crock pot and it was good. This one is too! It was a toss up.....chicken soup or this way. Obvious which one won! This is really easy. Pictured are the spices I used, but you can use whatever spices you like. Remember....a recipe is only a suggestion!
 
CROCK POT ROTISSERIE CHICKEN PART 2

My plate with chicken rice and what you don't see are pickled beets (that recipe is on here too)
 

1 whole fresh chicken
Any spices you want to make a 'rub'

Get whole chickens while they're on sale and freeze them!


Wad up 4 pieces of aluminum foil and place in the bottom of your crock pot.


Remove gizzards and set aside for future use or discard.
Mix spices together; rub the spices on the outside of the chicken.



Place the chicken in the crock pot on top of the pieces of foil and cook on low for @6 – 7 hours or high for @5 hours. Do NOT put any water or oil in the crock pot.


Fall apart tender and juicy!

Enjoy!
 
Later!
Loving Life!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment