About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

PB & Chocolate Chip Bars

So I had a full jar of peanut butter hanging around and decided to find something fun to do with it besides dip apples. Ta Da! What could be better than something like this? Again, this is such an easy recipe and so good! Most of the ingredients were already 'in house'......I just had to get the brown sugar and chocolate chips. These are a fun little bar!

PB & Chocolate Chip Bars
Makes 12 pieces


1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
¾ cup peanut butter
1 stick light butter, softened
3 TBSP 2% milk
1 large egg
1 TBSP vanilla extract
¾ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

You can see that I'm an 'equal opportunity shopper'!
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bottom and sides of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or pan. Set aside.

Don't forget to spray in your dishwasher to avoid having to clean the overspray off your counters!
 
Mix together all of the ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips with an electric mixer until well combined.


Stir in the chocolate chips.


Spread the dough evenly in the sprayed pan.


Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes on a cooling rack. Cut into 12 bars and enjoy!!

Fresh out of the oven!
 
Enjoy!

Later!
Loving Life!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment