About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blueberry Cinnamon Donuts

I bought another gallon of blueberries and froze them. This batch of berries came from the garden of a lovely couple out on Highway 60. You can pick 2 gallons, keep one and pay $10 for it OR they pick and you pay $20 for the gallon. Guess which way I went! LOL   Now I need to find new ways to use blueberries and a few people have been asking about donuts. So......here ya go!!!

BLUEBERRY CINNAMON DONUTS
Makes 10 Donuts
1 Donut = 2 PointsPlus™


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Splenda granulated
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
5 TBSP buttermilk (see My Spin)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray donut pan.....be sure to spray the center part!!

In a large bowl, combine flour, Splenda, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.

In a medium bowl, whisk together egg substitute, buttermilk, applesauce and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and fold until just combined.

Fold in the blueberries.



Fill donut pan @2/3 full.




Bake @10 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean (so be sure to 'stab' it where there are no blueberries!).

Cool on a rack lined with parchment paper.

MY SPIN: I will confess....I don't like milk so I use powdered milk in my recipes. I found a powdered buttermilk which made me happy.



 I 'tweaked' the cinnamon.....if you don't want your donuts to taste as cinnamon-y as I like them, you can use 1 tsp instead of 1 1/2. Be sure to spray your donut pan well, especially around the center part......these WILL stick!!!!

I forgot to spray the pan for the first batch. These are from the first batch and they stuck....and the donut pan was NOT easy to clean.


And my new cake set.....the one I bought because I couldn't get the Trifle Dish....works nicely to 'display' these yummy donuts......just like you'd see in a diner!


Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment