About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Peach Torte


I bought another basket of peaches the other day. Now I have to figure out what to do with all of them. This is the first for this basket (which means there will probably be at least 1 more basket).  This has such a nice taste to it......kind of light......and very easy to make. Now to figure out what to do with the rest of the peaches. I'm thinking Peach Upside Down Cake........

PEACH TORTE
Makes 8 Servings
1 Serving = 3 PointsPlus™


1/2 cup (1 stick) light butter
1/4 cup Splenda granulated
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 – 4 peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
2 TBSP Splenda granulated
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray a 9” springform pan; set aside.


(Don't forget to spray the pan on the inside of the door to your dishwasher to save having to clean up the over-spray mess.)




In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.


In a large bowl, cream butter and Splenda granulated.  Beat in egg substitute. Stir in vanilla.




 




Beat flour mixture into this mixture.

Spread dough with your hands in the bottom of the springform pan and @1” up the inside.  Arrange peach slices in a circle pattern. Sprinkle with 2 TBSP Splenda granulated & 1 tsp ground cinnamon.









Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown.

MY SPIN: I actually just sprinkled the cinnamon on the peaches instead of measuring out 1 tsp......but I love cinnamon! You can serve this with or without a dollop of fat-free whipped topping. 










Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment