About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

This is an 'old standy-by' recipe for we WWers. I like to make it for non-WWers and not tell them the ingredients until AFTER they've eaten one and raved about how delicious and moist and chocolatey it is!  This recipe is already on here.......in a Pot Luck meeting post....but I wanted to make it easier to find since alot of people ask about it.  I dusted it off and made these today to bring to my WW meeting to help celebrate one of the members reaching her Lifetime status! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!

BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
Makes 30 Servings
1 Serving = 1 PointPlus™
 

1 (19.5 oz.) box Pillsbury Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
1 (15 oz.) can of black beans (unseasoned), rinsed and drained
1 cup of water



Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray a 13x9” baking pan OR mini muffin pan. Set aside.

Puree black beans with the cup of water until smooth.
 







 

Stir in brownie mix until combined.
 








 

 
Pour mix into baking or muffin pan and bake 27 – 29 minutes.
 
 

Cool completely.

If using the 13x9” baking pan, cut into 30 pieces. If using the mini muffin pan, it will make 24 in the first batch and then you'll have to make the second batch of 6.
 
 

MY SPIN: For some reason, it's getting hard for me to find the Sugar Free brownie mix around here which is why this has a PointsPlus™ value. If you CAN find the SF mix, it will be a smaller box and will make 24 servings.

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment