About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Cuppies

Remember the Pumpkin Puree I made the other day (see previous post)? Well, I finally decided to do something with it and found this wonderful little bit of pumpkin goodness to tweak. Not only does it taste good, but it's kind of a fun dessert. It was a great day to make this......cool and breezy and very fall-like......and only 1 PointsPlus™!!!  Hope you try this!

PUMPKIN PIE CUPPIES
Makes 16 Cupcakes
1 Cupcake – 1 PointsPlus™

 
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup Splenda granulated
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup fat-free half & half (or fat-free evaporated milk)


Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Line muffin pan(s) with papers.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.


In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, Splenda, brown sugar, egg substitute, vanilla extract and half & half (or evaporated milk) until well combined. Add dry ingredients to this and whisk until no streaks of flour remain and the batter is smooth.



 
 
 
 
 
 
Fill each paper @2/3 full.


Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely in the pan. They will 'sink' as they cool.


Chill before serving. Top with fat-free whipped topping.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

2 comments:

  1. THis looks delicious! Congrats for the healthy changes in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Diana!!! PS - I want one of your books....autographed, of course! Will send you a message.

    ReplyDelete