About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Kitchen.....a poem

This poem was posted on a page I follow/participate on Facebook. I just love it and had to share.  The author is unknown.


THE  KITCHEN
 
A home is made of many rooms
to rest, to sleep, to shower,
to play and read and talk alot,
do hobbies by the hour.
 
But the kitchen, ah the kitchen
is a room that's made of dreams,
of fantasies....created by
a love of cooking schemes.
 
To touch, to smell, to visualize
the wonders that occur....
and then to taste, and then to taste
results of things that were
at one time just 'ingredients'....
in their places on the shelves
but become a wondrous mixture
as though transformed by elves.
 
Yes, a home is made of many rooms.
Each one has its pleasures.
But the Kitchen is the best of all
for finding hidden treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment