About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread

I still had some strawberries that I needed to use up before they got funky.  It was a toss-up between this recipe and baked donuts.....and the unofficial FB poll voted on the bread. I'm glad it was the winner because it's really a great bread. Try it!!!

STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE BREAD
Makes 10 Servings
1 Serving = 4 PointsPlus™


1/2 cup (1 stick) light butter, softened
1 cup Splenda granulated
3 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped

 
Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan.

In a large bowl, cream the butter, Splenda and cream cheese until fluffy/creamy. Slowly add the egg substitute. Mix in vanilla.



In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend this with the butter mixture until just blended. Add the milk and stir until JUST blended – do NOT over stir!!!


 
Drain the berries and blot dry. Carefully fold them into the dough. (Dough will be thick)


Spread into the 9x5” loaf pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes.



Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!!   *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment