About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Zelma's Easy Pound Cake

To know me is to know I truly enjoy Facebook. I've reconnected with some old friends and family members......and I've made some really great new friends.  I recently had the pleasure of 'friending' Zelma G.  We've chatted in the past on a recipe group on Facebook consisting of mostly 'local' folks. Well, Zelma posted this recipe.....the untweaked version.....on that page yesterday and a little discussion went on about it....and I just had to tweak it and try it. Zelma.......this cake is AWESOME!!!!! And easy!!!! Thank you so much for allowing me to tweak and share!!! You rock!!!

ZELMA'S EASY POUND CAKE
Makes 16 Servings
1 Serving = 4 PointsPlus™


1 Box Pillsbury Moist Supreme Sugar Free Classic yellow cake mix
1 (1 oz) box Jello-o instant sugar free/fat free pudding mix
1 cup fat-free egg substitute
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup chips, nuts, coconut or your choice

 
Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the optional additions. Mix thoroughly.


 

Fold in the optional additions if you're using any.


Pour into the bundt pan or loaf pans. Bake 50 – 60 minutes until the top is golden brown or a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes before 'turning out' onto a cake plate.


This can be served with your favorite frosting drizzled on it, with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping. IF you do, be sure to add the PointsPlus™ value to it.

I ate my piece without a topping.....it's just that good!

MY SPIN: Zelma makes this using the same flavor cake mix and pudding mix. If 'we' make it with sugar-free cake mix, our only choices are yellow or chocolate. But think of the endless combinations you can do with the yellow cake mix!!! This one is done with butterscotch pudding and chips.....and I don't think it needs any kind of topping. Please remember.....if you do 'optional additions', you'll need to figure the PointsPlus™ for whatever you add.

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!!   *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment