About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Strawberry.......Fool!

I still had/have berries to use up and didn't want to do the normal stuff with them. So I searched and found a recipe called Strawberry Fool. It sounded interesting, so I thought I'd try it. For some reason, I don't think it turned out the way it was supposed to.....as a thick, creamy dessert. So now what do I do with this bowl of pink strawberry stuff? This is where I love when a mistake turns out to be a jack-pot! I figured I could use it as a sauce.....and it works! I made a Zelma's Easy Pound Cake recipe.....this time I used the SF yellow cake mix with SF/FF cheesecake pudding mix and NO 'optionals', so the cake is 3 PointsPlus™.......and you don't use enough of the Fool to have a P+ value. 

STRAWBERRY.....FOOL!
I'll explain the PointsPlus™ in MY SPIN


3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 TBSP Splenda granulated
2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup light brown sugar


In a medium bowl, combine the sliced berries with the Splenda. Cover and chill 2 hours.


In another medium bowl, combine the yogurt, vanilla and brown sugar. Cover and chill 2 hours.



Gently fold the berries into the yogurt mix.



MY SPIN: I 'think' if you used Greek yogurt this would come out more like a stand-alone dessert and 1 cup would be 3 PointsPlus™ and make 4 servings.. I used regular yogurt and used this as a 'sauce' since it was too 'watery' for a stand-alone dessert......and the amount used wasn't enough to have any PointsPlus™ value.

The Fool sauce with Zelma's Easy Pound Cake
made with SF yellow cake mix and SF/FF cheesecake flavored pudding mix.
Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!!   *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment