About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Chewy Choco Chunk Chip Cookies

I haven't posted anything in a while. I had my 40th High School Reunion in early December which was a blast. But then I got a phone call that my Dad had fallen and, unfortunately, he passed away on December 17th. Being Daddy's Little Girl, I miss him terribly. To try to get a little 'joy' during the Christmas season, I decided to bake these delicious cookies. It's a recipe I got in 2000 from a friend. There is so much yummy chocolate in these cookies that I decided not to figure up the P+ on them. If any of you do......I don't want to know!! 

CHEWY CHOCO CHUNK CHIP COOKIES
Makes @35 Cookies
I'm not even going to figure up the PointsPlus™ on these!
 
 
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cups instant oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup Splenda granulated (or sugar)
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute (or 2 large eggs)
2 tsp vanilla
1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1/3 pkg regular size semi-sweet chocolate morsels
OPTIONAL: 2 cups chopped nuts


Preheat oven to 350ยบ.

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. Set aside.


In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and Splenda (or sugar). Add the egg substitute (or eggs) and vanilla.


Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well blended.


Mix in both chocolates (and nuts if you use them).



Place 'dollops' of cookie dough on a cookie sheet. Bake for 13 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for @5 minutes and then finish cooling on a wire rack.


This is my old Cookies Only homemade cookbook. There is not ONE recipe in here that is WW friendly!
Enjoy!!!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment