About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Monday, May 12, 2014

No Butter Shrimp Scampi

Abe & I went to the 21st Annual 174th AHC reunion last weekend in Ft. Walton Beach, FL.  We always stop at Sexton's Seafood Market in Destin on our way home to buy fresh seafood.  It's THE best place, in our opinion, to get fresh seafood.  We always bring home some shrimp and usually just do peel & eat shrimp. There has been a Shrimp Scampi recipe floating around Facebook for a few days and I decided to tweak it a tad and made it for dinner last night. This is so incredibly easy and delicious! The hardest part is peeling & deveining the shrimp. But it's so worth it!!!

NO BUTTER SHRIMP SCAMPI
Makes 4 Servings
Did NOT figure P+ value for this*

 
4 TBSP olive oil
@ 1 ¼ pounds medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 – 8 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup low or no sodium chicken broth
½ cup white cooking wine
¼ cup lemon juice
1/8 cup minced parsley
salt & pepper to taste


In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a platter and keep warm.

The hardest part of this recipe is peeling and deveining the shrimp. UGH.



In the skillet, combine the broth, wine, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half.


Spoon the sauce over the shrimp and serve over angel hair pasta or linguine.


MY SPIN: I have fresh garlic, but got lazy and used the jarred stuff.....which is just as good. I used a heaping tablespoon, but we love garlic! I served this over angel hair pasta.


*I did NOT figure up the P+ value for this recipe because it would depend upon how much pasta and how many pieces of shrimp you'd eat.

Enjoy!

Loving Life!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment