About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, February 17, 2012

ChocoMallow Cake

Well, yesterday was truly a bad day for me! First I almost got run off the road/side swiped by a young 'lady' driving a mini-van chatting away on her cell phone. Then  I get home and Abe tells me my email account had been hacked. And a few other little things just piled up on top of each other......and I ranted and raved and did some Kitchen Therapy.....and this is what I came up with.

CHOCOMALLOW CAKE
Makes 12 Servings
1 Serving = 4 PointsPlus™



1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups Splenda granulated
1/2 cup light butter
1 cup diet root beer soda
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray 13x9x2 baking dish.

In a large bowl, stir together the flours and Splenda. Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, combine the light butter, diet root beer and cocoa powder. Cook & stir over medium heat until the butter melts. Pour over flour mixture. Add egg substitute, buttermilk, baking soda & vanilla. Mix well. Stir in marshmallows.

Pour into sprayed baking dish. Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

What a fun cake! The marshmallows that are inside the cake melt into it and leave little holes! It's so chocolatey and moist. Really needs no frosting or icing. I think this cake is better the second day. I had a piece of it last night, but the piece I had for breakfast today (see the pic above with the cup of coffee) was even better.

Enjoy!!!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment