About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Lemon Chicken with Capers

This is another story of a cooking experience gone bad/turned out good.

I started making this for dinner yesterday and when the chicken was just about halfway done......and the asparagus was already in the steamer cooking......the power went out. Yes, my stove is electric!!! And I 'freaked'!!! So I unplugged the steamer, put foil on the skillet and stuck it in the fridge, and we went out to eat. When we got home, the power was on so I continued cooking. We finally had it for dinner this afternoon......and it was really good!!!  Hope you like it as well!!!

LEMON CHICKEN WITH CAPERS
Makes 4 Servings
1 Serving = 6 PointsPlus™

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 TBSP light butter
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 TBSP capers (drained)
2 tsp fresh minced garlic OR 1 tsp prepared minced garlic
fresh ground black pepper to taste

Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to @ 1/2” thickness.

Place flour in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken in the flour.

Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for @3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.

Add wine, lemon juice, capers and garlic to pan, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits. Cook for @3 minutes or until slightly thick.

Plate the chicken, pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with pepper to taste.

Enjoy!!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment