About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Monday, February 6, 2012

SuperBowl Snacks

What a SuperBowl game! And what delicious, healthy AND easy snacks I made! Two of these are my own 'creations' and one is from SkinnyTaste with just a little 'tweaking'. Just goes to show you.....you CAN have fun snacks that are on the healthy side! I hope you make these and enjoy them. I know my husband and I did!

PINWHEELS


These are so easy to make! I figured this plate of little sammies to be @4 PointsPlus™.

Lavash Bread (one sheet, cut in half)
1 Weight Watchers White Cheddar flavored wedge
5 slices of turkey breast (for sandwiches)
Dijon mustard (to taste)
Fresh spinach leaves (to taste)
1 dill pickle (sliced and laid near the top)
Garlic powder (to taste)

Roll this up, slice it @ 1/2” wide.....and enjoy!!!

FAUX BUFFALO WINGS
and
MOZZARELLA CHEESE STIX


I'm 'guesstimating' the Wings to be @5 PointsPlus™ and the Cheese Stix to be @3 PointsPlus™ (for the amount shown in this picture).

FAUX BUFFALO WINGS:

2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (@4 oz. each), pounded so the entire breast is the same thickness
Chicken coating mix (like Shake & Bake)
Olive oil spray (use your 'mister' or cooking spray)
Buffalo wing sauce (I used Texas Pete)

After pounding the chicken to the same thickness, cut into strips, dip into the coating mix, arrange on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 400º @20 minutes. When done, plate and drizzle with wing sauce.

Serve with celery and/or carrots and Fat Free ranch dressing.


MOZZARELLA CHEESE STIX:

This recipe is a modification of SkinnyTaste's recipe. This makes 24 pieces or 12 servings (I didn't make that many).

12 WeightWatchers™ smoked flavor string cheese
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
2 TBSP all-purpose flour
5 TBSP Italian seasoned bread crumbs
5 TBSP Panko bread crumbs
2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp parsley
Olive oil spray

Cut the string cheese stix in half and freeze (yes, I said freeze).
In a bowl, combine the 2 bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese & parsley.
Put the egg substitute in another bowl and the flour in yet another bowl.
Dip the frozen cheese stix in flour, then egg and then the bread crumb mixture.

NOTE: If you're not going to bake these immediately, place these on WAXED paper and stick them back in the freezer or they won't turn out right!!!

Preheat oven to 400º.
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil. Place the breaded cheese stix on the sheet. spray the top of the cheese stix with olive oil.
Bake in the bottom third of your oven for 4 – 5 minutes; turn them over and bake for an additional 4 – 5 minutes.
Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment