About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Faux Key Lime Pie

I REALLY wish I could take full credit for this refreshing bit of green, but I can't. This is adapted from a recipe by Mr. Food.

FAUX KEY LIME PIE
Makes 12 Servings
1 Serving = 1 PointsPlus™


1 (4 oz.) package sugar-free lime Jello
1/2 cup boiling water
1 (8 oz.) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
Juice from 1/2 lime OR 1 TBSP lime juice
Gratings from 1 lime OR 1 tsp grated lime peel
2 cups fat-free whipped topping (measuring cups NOT 16 ounces.....NOT two 8-oz containers......got it?)

Spray a 9” pie plate. Set aside.

Dissolve the jello in the boiling water.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it's smooth. Slowly add the jello until well combined. Stir in lime juice and peel. Fold in whipped topping.

Pour into pie plate and chill for 3 hours.

Enjoy!!!

MY SPIN:  This actually comes out almost like a mousse......light and fluffy! I think this would be a really cool dessert to do in those cutesy little parfait glasses.  And I think this would be good using lemon......or even orange.  Might have to try one of those flavors next!


Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment