About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pumpkin Creme Brulee

I've been saving this recipe for a while.  I saw this little dessert plate and thought it would make a nice 'display' for something pumpkin......

PUMPKIN CREME BRULEE
Makes 6 Servings
1 Serving = 4 PointsPlus™


2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
1 cup fat-free egg substitute
1/3 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of ground ginger
pinch of ground allspice
1 tsp vanilla
6 tsp sugar


Preheat oven to 325º. Spray 6 6-oz ceramic ramekins; place in a 13x9-inch glass baking dish; set aside.


In a large bowl, beat all the ingredients EXCEPT the sugar with a whisk until well blended. Divide evenly among the ramekins.



Place baking dish on a rack in the center of the oven. Pour enough warm water into the baking dish to reach @1/2 way up the sides of the ramekins.....be VERY careful that you don't splash water into the ramekins.


Bake uncovered for @45 minutes or until the center is set but soft.

Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven and put on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and refrigerate at least 2 hours.

 

Sprinkle 1 tsp of the sugar on each ramekin. Holding a kitchen torch @3” from the custard and caramelize the sugar by waving the flame back & forth over the sugar until it is melted and golden brown.

MY SPIN: If you don't have a kitchen torch, you could always serve these with a dollop of fat-free whipped topping.

Yes, I have a 'pinch' measuring spoon!!!
 
Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment