About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Dumped Strawberry Cobbler

Aaaahhhh.....the end of my strawberries!  I wanted to make a cobbler.....but it didn't come out the way I wanted.  So then I wanted to make dumplings......but it came out like this which looks more like a cobbler.  So I used (kind of) both names. Anyway, the end of strawberry season is near and so is the end of my strawberry recipe run. Hope you've had as much fun as I have!

DUMPED STRAWBERRY COBBLER
Makes 6 Servings
1 Serving = 3 PointsPlus™


1/3 cup Splenda granulated
2/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
2 TBSP Splenda granulated
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup light butter
1/2 cup fat-free milk
2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled & rinsed
1 TBSP Splenda granulated
Ground cinnamon (to your taste)

Preheat oven to 450º.

In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup Splenda granulated and the water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, 2 TBSP Splenda granulated, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Add milk and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.

Place the strawberries in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Pour hot sugar mixture over the berries. Immediately drop the dough evenly in 8 – 10 spoonfuls over the strawberries. Sprinkle with 1 TBSP Splenda granulated and cinnamon.

Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until dough is lightly browned.

Serve hot/warm …. with or without fat-free whipped topping.


Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment