About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

That's a Crock of Lemon Cheesecake!

I love cheesecake, but not the high PointsPlus™ that accompanies it. So every time I see a cheesecake recipe, I try to figure out if I can tweak it....and if it'll taste good.  This one worked!!! I couldn't find a 1-quart souffle dish (sigh) so I used a 1-quart 'bowl'....and have added souffle dish to my wish-list of kitchen gadgets. I served this with homemade strawberry sauce.  Just remember, this has the texture of a cheesecake....don't let your 'eye' trick you into thinking it's going to be creamy and smooth like a pudding/custard because it's in a dessert dish/bowl.

THAT'S A CROCK OF LEMON CHEESECAKE!
Makes 8 Servings
1 Serving – 4 PointsPlus™


Nonstick spray
12 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Splenda granulated
2 TBSP lemon juice OR juice of 1 lemon
1 TBSP all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
1 cup warm water

Lightly coat a 1-quart souffle dish or casserole dish with spray. Tear off an 18 x 12-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil; cut in half lengthwise. Criss-cross the foil strips and place the dish in the center of the criss-cross; set aside.


In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, Splenda granulated, lemon juice, flour and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until the ingredients are well combined. Beat in the sour cream until smooth. Add egg substitute and beat on low until just combined. Stir in the lemon peel.

Pour mixture into prepared dish; cover tightly with foil.


Pour the warm water into a 3 1/2 – 6 quart slow cooker (crock pot). Bring up the foil strips and life the ends of the strips to transfer the dish into the slow cooker. **Leave the foil strips under the dish in the slow cooker.**


Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2 1/2 – 2 3/4 hours or until the center of the cake is set.

Carefully lift with the foil strips to remove the dish from the slow cooker; discard the foil strips. Cool, uncovered, completely on a wire rack.


Cover and chill 4 – 24 hours.

To serve, spoon into dessert dishes and garnish with fresh fruit/sauce (see first picture).

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment