About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Almond Panna Cotta With Cherries

Well, I decided to broaden my culinary horizon....and hopefully not my hips.....with this recipe. It sounded so delicious and so different. This recipe was something completely new to me.....and I'm so glad I tried it! Now you go try it as well!!

ALMOND PANNA COTTA WITH CHERRIES
Makes 4 Servings
1 Serving = 2 PointsPlus™


1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup cold water
2 cups fat-free milk
3 TBSP Splenda granulated
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
2 cups sugar-free cherry pie filling

In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the cold water. Let stand for 3 minutes to soften. Cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in milk, Splenda and salt. Cook and stir just until milk is heated through and sugar is dissolved. Stir in almond extract.

Pour into 4 6-oz custard cups. Cover and chill about 8 hours.


To Serve: Run a thin knife around the edge of each panna cotta. Unmold onto individual plates.


Top with 1/4 cup sugar-free cherry pie filling.


My Spin: The choices for toppings are endless! You can make your own topping using any fruits. Thinking different flavored extract would be pretty good in this as well.

To see more of my recipes be sure to check out my featured foodie page on RecipeLion.com! See my profile and recipes here: http://www.recipelion.com/Featured-Foodies/Jan-Gomes/



Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment