About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Monday, April 30, 2012

ChocoCheese Cups

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think cottage cheese would be in my house. I remember this stuff from when I was a kid.....my brother ate it....he'd pour maple syrup on it and eat it.....and I won't tell you what I thought it looked like!! Somehow, to me, this lumpy white stuff just didin't look appetizing. And then I came across this recipe and tweaked it BIG TIME!!! I'd hate to think what the PointsPlus™ would be using 'full flavored' ingredients......makes me shudder! Anyway.....this little dessert is nice and chocolatey. Add a dollop of fat-free whipped topping like I did in this picture for no added PointsPlus™.  And I got to try out my new blender! I hope you make this and enjoy it.....I did!!!

ChocoCheese Cups
Makes 6 Servings @ 2 PointsPlus™ OR
Makes 4 Servings @3PointsPlus™



1 enveloped unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
4 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, cut up
1/3 cup Splenda granulated
3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup fat-free milk
1 tsp vanilla

In a small saucepan, stir together gelatin and water; let stand 5 minutes. Heat & stir over low heat until gelatine dissolves.

Meanwhile, in a blender container or food processor bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, Splenda granulated & cocoa powder. If using the blender, add 2 – 3 TBSP of the milk to make blending easier. Cover & blend or process until smooth (1 – 2 minutes). Stop to scrape the sides if necessary. Add milk, vanilla & warm gelatin. Cover & blend or process until combined.

Chill mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when spooned (@30 minutes). Spoon into dessert cups. Cover & chill 4 hours or until firm.

Enjoy!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment