About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pumpkin Nutella Bread

It's strawberry season in my little town! So why, you (didn't) ask, am I doing a pumpkin recipe? Because I can......because I wanted to.....because I love pumpkin! And as an added 'tweak' I decided to swirl some Nutella into the top which gives it such a nice look, not to mention taste! I know this looks like it has tons of ingredients, but check out the list......you probably have everything in your cabinet. Word of warning for the Nutella:  measure out the 1/4 cup and put the top back on and immediately put it back in your cabinet! This stuff is scary good!!! Not only is this bread delicious, but it makes your house smell better than any candle or potpourri or incense ever could.

PUMPKIN NUTELLA BREAD
Makes 2 Loaves = 24 Servings
1 Serving = 2 PointsPlus™


2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups Splenda granulated
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cloves
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup fat-free milk
3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup Nutella

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Spray the bottoms ONLY of 2 9x5” loaf pans.

In a large bowl, mix first 10 ingredients (all the dry ingredients) until well blended.

In a medium bowl, mix the pumpkin, milk, egg substitute and applesauce until well blended. Stir into the flour mixture until well blended. Spoon evenly into the 2 loaf pans.

Microwave the Nutella until 'pourable', about 30 seconds. Drizzle onto the top of both loaves. Swirl around the tops using a knife.

Bake @40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool 10 minutes in the pans on a cooling rack. Loosen the sides of the loaves from the pans; remove loaves from pans to cooling rack to cool completely, @1 hour.

Enjoy!!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court!! *** The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark. ***

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

2 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy & since Jan is making it I'm sure it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin & Nutella.....what more could a girl ask for! It's good!

    ReplyDelete