About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Apple Maple Pudding Bake

APPLE MAPLE PUDDING BAKE
8 Servings = 3 PointsPlus™
6 Servings = 4 PointsPlus™



2/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp corn starch
1 cup water
4 TBSP & 1 tsp light butter, divided
1 cup all purpose flour
2 TBSP & 2 tsp Splenda granulated, divided
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup peeled & chopped apples
1/3 cup fat-free milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon

In a sauce pan, combine water, sugar-free maple syrup and corn starch. Cook and stir until boiling. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.

Add 1 TBSP of the light butter. Pour into 8x8x2" baking dish (2 quart square).

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, 2 TBSP Splenda granulated and baking powder. Cut in 3 TBSP light butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the apples. Add the milk and vanilla; stir just until batter is moistened.

Using a tablespoon, drop the apple batter into the warm syrup mixture in the baking dish.

Combine the remaining 2 tsp Splenda granulated and the cinammon; sprinkle over the batter. Dot the top with the remaining 1 tsp light butter.

Bake at 350º for 40 - 45 minutes.

MY SPIN: The only thing I did differently was I sprinkled alot more cinnamon on the top....but I love cinnamon!!! I can see doing this recipe using peaches or apricots as well. It's truly delicious.

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment