About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fresh Cranberry Muffins

I was at it again......Kitchen Therapy!!! Had some fresh cranberries I needed to use and just didn't want to make more cranberry sauce. Found this recipe and it was originally 5 PointsPlus™ a muffin......OUCH!!! After 'tweaking' it, I got it down to 2 PointsPlus™. These don't make giant muffins......just big enough.

FRESH CRANBERRY MUFFINS
Makes 12 Muffins
1 Muffin = 2 PointsPlus™


1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
2/3 cup Splenda granulated
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
2/3 cup fat-free milk
3/4 cup light butter, melted
1 tsp grated orange rind
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400º.

In a large bowl, combine both flours, oats, Splenda, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Stir in chopped cranberries. Make a well in the center.

In a medium bowl, combine the milk, butter, orange rind, vanilla and egg substitute. Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moist.

Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into muffin cups.

Bake at 400º for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.

Remove muffins from pan IMMEDIATELY and place on wire rack to cool.

MY SPIN: I used just a tad over a cup of cranberries and used fresh orange rind -- a first for me! These have a really nice, mellow flavor.

Enjoy!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment