About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Slow Italian Chicken

Made this recipe today and it was pretty good....and colorful! As usual, I'll give you the recipe and then give you MY SPIN.

SLOW ITALIAN CHICKEN
Makes 6 Servings
1 Serving = 5 PointsPlus™

1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp thyme
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 can (14 1/2 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated
3/4 cup frozen peas

- Cut chicken breasts into chunks. Sprinkle with thyme and oregano.

- Place chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots and onion slices in slow cooker. Top with the chicken. Cover.

- Cook for 8 hours on low OR 4 hours & 20 minutes on high.

- Stir in peas. Cover and cook 15 - 20 minutes more on high.

This can be served 'as is' in a bowl or over noodles....which would add PointsPlus™.

MY SPIN: I would add garlic powder or minced garlic to give this a little more 'oomph'. I would also mix the chicken into the tomatoes, etc., instead of just leaving it laying on top of the 'stuff' because it came out a little on the dry side. If you decide to use noodles, I used the No Yolks.....3 cups......and added them uncooked with the peas and stirred them every 5 minutes or so for the final 15-20 minutes. If you use the No Yolks it'll add 5 PointsPlus™ for a total of 10 PointsPlus™ which might seem high, but it's so worth it and so filling! Or you could serve this over 'stink noodles'.....Shirataki Noodles......4 oz per serving wouldn't add PointsPlus™. I would also probably add more oregano. But everyone's taste buds are different so try it and then alter the spices to your liking!

Enjoy!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment