About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken Piccata

 Good Wednesday afternoon all!!!! I did some Kitchen Therapy for 'dinner'.....and was panicking! We had thunder and lightening and rain and hail.....and the lights started flickering......and I have an electric stove. Thankfully the power stayed on in my part of town. This was a really light dinner and simple to make.

CHICKEN PICCATA
Makes 4 Servings
1 Serving Using White Wine = 6 PointsPlus™
1 Serving Using Chicken Broth = 5 PointsPlus™
Chicken Piccata1.jpg
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (all visible fat removed)
salt & pepper to taste
3 TBSP light butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 1/2 tsp prepared minced garlic
1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth OR low-sodium chicken broth
2 TBSP lemon juice
fresh parsley or dried parsley to garnish
 
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten to just shy of 1/2". Season with salt & pepper.
 
Melt half of the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides; remove from skillet and set aside.

Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add mushrooms. Cover and cook over high heat until they begin to brown, @2 minutes.
 
Sprinkle with garlic and cook @30 seconds.
 
Add wine (or vermouth or chicken broth) and chicken breasts. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, @7 minutes. Just before removing from heat, add lemon juice.
 
Plate chicken with some mushrooms on top and garnish with parsley.
 
MY SPIN: I used Holland House white cooking wine. And the mushrooms I used were baby portabello mushrooms. And I think the next time I make this I'll put more garlic in it.....but I love garlic!!
 
Enjoy!!

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment