About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

So-Good Chocolate Chip Softies

Hey everyone! This recipe is from Hungry Girl's 200 Under 200 cookbook. I have not made them, but Shirley from my Tuesday nite meeting has and sez they have the Yum Factor! And you know HG rocks my world!

So-Good Chocolate Chip Softies
Makes 8 Softie Cookies
1 Softie = 2 PointsPlus™

3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup Splenda Granulated
6 TBSP no-sugar-added applesauce
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
2 1/2 TBSP mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 TBSP brown sugar (NOT packed)
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients EXCEPT for the chocolate chips (flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking soda & salt). Mix well.

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all of the wet ingredients (applesauce, pumpkin, egg substitute & vanilla extract).

Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Stir until completely blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Spoon batter into eight evenly spaced circles. Bake in the oven for @10 minutes, until softies appear fully cooked and feel firm.

Allow to cool slightly. But for best results, enjoy while still warm!

If anyone from my meetings makes these.....make them close to our meeting date and bring me one to sample!!!

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment