About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Banana Spice Cupcakes

Hey everyone!!! I 'found' this recipe today and it just sounded so good! It was originally 3 Points (on the old WW program) a cupcake...which actually isn't too bad for some fresh baked goodness. But I tweaked it a bit and it's.......drum roll......ONE PointsPlus™!!!! Yup! You read right! One PointsPlus™ per cupcake!!! It looks like it has alot of ingredients, but most of them are probably lurking in your cabinet already. So if you don't already do this......when your bananas get too ripe to eat......peel them and freeze them for future baked goodness!

So.....on to the recipe!!!

BANANA SPICE CUPCAKES
Makes 12 Cupcakes
1 Cupcake = 1 PointsPlus™


1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup Splenda granulated
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (@2 small)
1 1/3 cup all-purpose or cake flour (I used all-purpose)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 TBSP confectioners sugar (optional)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together applesauce and Splenda until well combined. Beat in egg substitute, vanilla and mashed bananas.



In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients EXCEPT the confectioners sugar. Add this to the egg substitute/vanilla/banana mixture until just combined.


Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.










Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.

Optional: dust each cupcake with confectioners sugar.

MY SPIN: To know me is to know I love cinnamon, so where the recipe calls for 1/2 tsp......mine was heaping, not level! Also, I baked mine for @22 minutes.......each oven is a bit different.

That's it! Now go bake these and enjoy!!!
Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*
Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment