About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Pudding

Hey everyone! I made this last night in the crock pot. I truly don't know why 'they' call this Pumpkin Pie Pudding.....it comes out more like a 'dense' and delicious pumpkin pie filling. Here's the recipe......and then MY SPIN.

PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING
Makes 9 Servings
1 Serving = 2 PointsPlus™


1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 (12 oz.) can fat-free evaporated milk
3/4 cup Splenda granulated
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
1 TBSP light butter, melted
2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. vanilla
Fat-free Cool Whip (optional)

In a large bowl, mix all the above ingredients except for the Cool Whip. Spray the inside of your crock pot and pour the mixture in. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 hours.

MY SPIN: The original recipe call for this to be cooked on low for 6 - 7 hours......I think it might be for one of those 'old fashioned' round ones.....you know - the original kind of crock pot. Mine is a 6 quart oval and after 3 1/2 hours I decided it was done when I 'moved' the edges and saw the bottom edges were getting....um....kinda deep brownish! LOL Even that part tasted good tho!!! Once it's cool, serve in a small dessert bowl and top with FF Cool Whip if desired. It's really got a great flavor and is definitely thicker in texture than pudding. The spray I used was the butter flavor.

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment