About Me

My photo
Welcome to Tweaked at Chez Jan de la Dayton....translated to 'tweaked at Jan's house in Dayton'! Sounds fancy, but it's not. If you choose to share a recipe, be kind and give me kudos for it. The pictures are NOT to be taken off this blog unless used in a direct link to this blog. Once upon a time I was a Weight Watchers leader....that chapter is closed. But I still like to eat and bake and don't like the weight that finds its way to me too easily. So I go find delicious-sounding recipes and tweak them. Some recipes, however, just don't turn out right if they're tweaked. I've not posted anything....so far.....that isn't WW friendly. That might change, and I'll warn you if I post something with 'scary' P+ values. For those who don't use substitutions, the ratio for Splenda granulated/sugar is 1:1 and the ratio for egg substitute/eggs is 1/4 cup of egg sub = 1 egg. NOTE: The Points Values on these recipes are OLD, so figure the new ones out on your own. I'm no longer with WW. Now.....let's have some fun in the kitchen!!!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cabbage Roll Lasagne

Hey everyone! St. Patty's Day is next Wednesday......and have you seen the price of Corned Beef lately??? It's outrageous! Sooo....here's an interesting recipe I found. I haven't tried it yet......have almost all the ingredients.....but since it makes 12 servings I think I'll cut it in half. The recipe, as it is, comes to 4 PointsPlus™ per serving.

CABBAGE ROLL LASAGNE
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 55 minutes

2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (15 oz. each) tomato sauce, divided
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked rice
1 medium head (@2 lbs) cabbage, shredded
1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese

1. In a large skillet cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 can of tomato sauce and the seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in rice; heat through. Remove from heat.

2. Layer 1/3 of the cabbage in a 13x9 inch baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top that with 1/2 of the meat mixture, another 1/3 of the cabbage, the remaining 1/2 of the meat mixture and then the remaining 1/3 of the cabbage. Pour remaining tomato sauce over all.

3. Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with the FF mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Now for the 'legal mumbo-jumbo' to keep me out of court! *The PointsPlus™ value for this recipe was calculated by me (Jan Gomes) and is not an endorsement or approval of this recipe by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus™ registered trademark.*

Later!
Loving Life(time)!
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment